Thursday, October 18, 2007

Peace Corps Update

September 3, 2007 - Monday


Peace Corps Update

Well I started the Peace Corps application a couple weeks ago. It's going to take some work to complete!

The hardest question so far is:

"As of the date of this application, do you have other financial obligations aside from student loans (including, but not limited to, a mortgage, credit card debt, taxes, car loan, alimony, child support)? If you do have student loan(s) and/or financial obligation(s), will they be paid in full, deferred, or otherwise fulfilled prior to your departure for Peace Corps training? If no, please describe your plans to satisfy the obligation while serving in the Peace Corps."

Anyone have an extra ten grand or so lying around?

Once I get throught the rest of the standard education and employment questions, I have to write a couple essays, then complete a medical application. Also need to get my boss and pastor to write me some recommendations.

Man, this is hard work! You'd think they actually want qualified people or something!

But thanks to all my friends who keep asking me about it and about how it's going, am I still gonna go, etc. It has been good motivation for me! I do really want to go still - it's scary / exciting, but that's a good thing! It's something I feel I have to do / am meant to do. I'm all done with classes now, so I just need to start (and finish) my master's project. I'm hoping to be done by March/April and leave the country in May (that's only 8 months!) Crazy!

No comments: